In 2009, MERCI selected this vintage ceiling tins as a décor concept for the Parisien store. Since the opening, there is not one day without seeing a visitor taking pictures of the MERCI tin counter or asking to buy it. This phenomenon has given MERCI the idea to get together with NLXL to design and market the wallpaper collection Brooklyn Tins.
Historically, tin ceilings were introduced to North America as an affordable alternative to the exquisite plasterwork used in European homes. It was between 1890 and 1930 that thin rolled tin-plates were being mass-produced. Tin ceilings were traditionally painted white to give the appearance of hand- carved or molded plaster. But, today the irregularity and the aging give all the appeal to this American architecture icon.
- Size: 48,7x1000cm (4,87m2) 19.2"x393.7" (52.4SqFt)
- No repeat, match 48cm (18.9")
- heavy duty 160grs wallpaper with paper top layer and non woven backing
- colourfast and washable with a soft cloth
- no wallpapering table necessary, glue is applied to wall
- Fire rating USA ASTM E 84.10 EU B.s1, do